Square Peg Round Hole
Ep.19 | Too Much Thinking
September 08, 2022
And the thoughts bouncing around in our brains shape our world and become our reality. We also take life too seriously. Is it any wonder we are so emotionally stressed and uptight?
What would happen if we chose to relax, care less, and see life as a beautiful gift? Because it is precisely that, my friends. That truth is available for everyone to experience every single day.
You don't have to take everything so serious or let others' thoughts dictate your days which means you don’t have to:
- Pretend to agree with everyone
- Take responsibility for how others feel
- Apologize often
- Always say yes
- Feel uncomfortable if someone disapproves of you
- Act like the people around you
- Need praise to feel good
- Go to great lengths to avoid conflict
- Succumb to the pressure of fitting in
- Believe you are less than others
- Tolerate toxic people
The choice to abandon these behaviors is 100% yours. No one else controls you. But only you can lighten up and stop overthinking. With that list in mind, here are a couple of questions:
- Who is the person I am being in my life and showing the world? And how much of that person is the truth of who I am?
- How am I using my public persona to hide my authentic self, and why do I feel the need to hide it?
- Do I feel a disconnection between the person I pretend to be in the world and the person I connect with more deeply inside myself?
- What would it look like for me to take off the mask and live more authentically?
I'm excited for you to listen today and find some long-needed freedom on your path to living with authenticity in an artificial world.